Sunday, June 22, 2008
Super Star Zebra
My little sister will be (or is?) 11 (or 12?-no, 11) this year. She's growing up so fast and I'm missing it. She lives in California (with our two brothers too) and I don't get to see them. It sucks, but life and God take you places and you must do what you need to while you're there. So, I made her this birthday card. It came together especially for her since I started it not knowing what I was going to do and put it all together while thinking of her. I really hope she likes it.
Sorry it's such a crappy picture. I took the picture, put the card in the envelope and sealed it before I uploaded the pic and realized I could barely see the image! Oh well. It is a zebra, and the star balloon says "super star" on it. Also, the star and the mat for the image are silver cardstock, even though you can't see them very well. Also, if you look really closely at the bottom right hand corner of the picture, you can see Angel Baby's feet! LOL! I put the card in the slats of her crib to take the pic while she was laying in it. I love those little toes! I also love these two guys:
It's my hubby and Ashton. My husband is here until the 26th, only a few days away, then he has to go back to Korea and finish his tour. It's crap! I hate Korea right now. But, he's done on December 7th and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right? God gets us through all the tough stuff, and we come out better in the end. There's a reason that God puts us where we are, even if it's apart from our loved ones. I just have to keep reminding myself of that. Ok, so thanks again for stopping by my little blogging world. I honestly do appreciate everyone who takes time out of their lives to check in with me. Leave me a comment and let me know you came by, ok? I love seeing emails saying; "So-and-so has left a comment on MyBoat" and then clicking on it and reading your nice words! Until next post, be blessed!
Labels:
cards,
Gina K. Designs,
life
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice card hon, I think she will really like it. That is also a cute picture of Ashton and your hubby. Ashton is getting so big!
Oh, this card is bursting with beauty! I love all the fun stars--very cool! And your hubby and Ashton are so cute! I'm sorry he has to leave you all again--but I agree--you can make it thru together and it will make you stronger and closer. You deserve much credit as well, Angie--you are the glue that holds the family together and you are everything to those kids when your DH is away-it takes a very strong and wonderful woman for that--and that is you! Hugs, buddy! Enjoy your time together!
Post a Comment