Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pink Tee for a Boy

It looks like blogger isn't letting me upload any images, so I'll just blog about the picture I uploaded last night. Ashton has started Kindergarten and they are learning colors and shapes utilizing the book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear." Ashton LOVES this book and asked for his very own copy for his birthday. We picked it out together along with the sequel, "Panda Bear, Pand Bear" and a little book tote to carry them in. Since each page of the book has a specific color, all month long the kids have been asked to wear the color of the day. Well, pink is not an easy color to find in boys clothes! I found a Spongebob shirt for Ashton with a pink Patrick Star on it, but I could not find any shirts for Andrew. Even though Andrew is in 4th grade and not learning his colors, he gets extra brownie-points with his teacher if he participates too. Actually, the whole school and even parents are participating if we want to! It's pretty neat to see a ton of people picking up their children from school and they all match! Ok, back to the story: Since Andrew didn't have a shred of pink on any of his clothes I decided to make his a pink tee with the wonderful Tee shirt stamps by Melanie Muenchinger (of course!). Of course, I had to dirty up the tee by swiping it across my black stamp pad, and Andrew had to pick out the words that I wrote on the tee as well. After the tee was all ready to go, I covered it with some laminate and poked a safety pin through it. Apparently all my hard work was pointless because Andrew's teacher said the little pink tee didn't count as actually wearing pink. Oh well!
Today is Gray Day and the whole family is wearing gray today. Tomorrow is Rainbow... Not sure what we are going to do about that, lol!
Until next post (with pictures I hope!), be blessed!

1 comment:

loveanjel4! said...

I love the tag and how dare that teacher say that pink shirt wasn't good enough RUDE!lol At least she could have given it to him for being creative!