Thursday, January 29, 2009

Fun Mail!

Hey there everyone! So, the housing situation is getting all ironed out. We have a rental contract signed and stamped, and we are going to be getting the keys on February 4th. We also worked it out so that we can stay in the temporary lodging facility until the heat gets turned on in the rental. Thank God, because for awhile there we thought we were going to have to either pay out of pocket to stay here, or buy a bunch of portable electric heaters for the house! When we get the keys, I plan on taking a bunch of pictures of the house for you all to see. There are quite a few differences with living in Italy compared to living in the U.S.!
So, I've been getting a lot of mail lately. We mailed a bunch of stuff to ourselves, but also, before I left Hawaii I bought some stamps from a friend of mine and I won a blog candy. When Shannon mailed the stamps to me that I bought, look what she threw in the box for me! This set of dish towels is perfect for us since I'll be needing those when we move into our rental. And the study books are great! I started them today and I'm already loving some of the stuff I'm learning. Thank you so much Shannon!
And here are some pictures of the blog candy I won from Diana Gibbs! (I had to take several pics to get all the stuff photographed) First up, here are the cards I got with the candy:



Aren't they all great? These five cards are all so professional looking. I plan on keeping them as samples FOREVER! LOL! I also got a ton of die cuts:
These are going to come in handy since I don't have the dies most of these were cut with. And here is the rest of my goodies:
Wow, huh?!? There are THREE stamp sets, a snail adhesive refill, brads, ribbon, a quickie glue pen, a 2009 pocket calendar, and a pack of paper! I was so overjoyed that I won, and when I got the box in the mail I practically hopped home to open it! Thanks so much for the candy Di! (she won't see this post for a bit since she got to go to CHA. LUCKY!!!)
Well, that's all for this post. I do have some pics of a couple cards I made before I left Hawaii and never got around to posting, so those will be coming up in a couple days, and I took pics of our little temporary apartment so I can always remember the trials and tribulations of this PCS. Would anyone be intersted in seeing those?
AND... I talked about some blog candy to celebrate our orders, our move, my blogaversary and my birthday. Now that I'm here in Italy, I'm getting ready for that! I'm gathering up the goodies and I'll be posting that candy soon! Keep coming back and checking though because I'm not sure when I'll actually post the candy. Possibly around a certain holiday that's coming up...
Until next post, be blessed!

3 comments:

IL Cielo di Praga said...

beautiful.all very nice.kiss

Anonymous said...

I sent a Christmas card but you left before it got to you, it took over a month for Julie to get hers. Hope all is going well with you and congrats on wining the stamps and such!

Nicole

Shannon Wallace said...

Ahhh...you are so welcome! I wish I could;ve sent more goodies, b/c you are a sweet lady and deserve the world! Congrats on the other fun goodies!