Sunday, January 31, 2010

AFA and CCCB

Hey all! Here I am again with my card for the Anyone For Anya Blog Sketch Challenge! I used adorable Hello Ian and Pretty Hat Anya for this challenge card, and I colored them in ethnic skin tones too! They are my little Hispanic couple today:I decided to use the ethnic skin tones to qualify this card for the Copic Creations Challenge #20 and because I've been wanting to expand my stamped images beyond the classic E00 & E21 Caucasian colored skin. Here is the card in whole so you can see the fabulous sketch:
I used October Afternoon DP from their Farm Fresh paper pack along with SU! very vanilla, kraft, chocolate chip, and close to cocoa card stock. The maroon colored velvet ribbon is actually a tab that I cut off some curtains awhile ago. I knew I'd use them in a project someday! Oh, I actually masked Ian and Anya so it would look like Anya was standing behind Ian. I got that idea from a challenge during TGF's big release, but didn't get a chance to actually participate in the challenge. I love masking though, it gives such an awesome affect! Also, the buttons on Ian are teeny tiny ones from my stash, there is a MM brad in his hat, Anya has Kaiser pearls for a necklace, and a MM heart brad on her hat. What do you all think? This card came out exactly as planned! Woohoo!

7 comments:

loveanjel4! said...

I love love this card and how adorable with the pearls, I want this card! LOL!!!

Great job once again!

Hugs!

♥Rach♥ said...

LOVE the little pearls and buttons and the embellies on their hats, it puts such a great touch on the card which is super cute!

PS: Make sure and check out my blog candy, as a fellow TGF lover you might like it ;0)
~Rach

Anonymous said...

What a charming card! all the details are just wonderful! love this pattern paper too! Sweeeet!
Pam Going Postal

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie, this is so adorable. I love the ethnic skin tones. This card reminds me of my holidays to Malta, has a very authentic countryside feel, with beautiful people.

Now i want to pack my bags and get on a plane, don't think they've got snow in Malta at the minute, wish we didn't lol.

Gorgeous work Hunni
Suzi
xxx

JenRaff said...

Beautiful card, Angie! Luv the buttons and pearl touches! I have an Ian that looks exactly like that (color wise) except I didn't do any extras like the buttons -- such a neat idea!

Amy said...

This is gorgeous Angie! Love how you colored them and all the fun little embellies you added to their outfits look amazing!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Angie. I just love this card. I really love how you put these two sweethearts together. It is just wonderful! Have a great weekend. Lisa g