And here is the stove/sink/cabinet side of my kitchen:
And that's all. There is NO cabinet space away from the fridge or stove! So then I started thinking, what the heck should I do? Well, I came up with an idea, found 2 gorgeous little baskets in the exact sizes I wanted and got to work. First, collect and sort/purge all the medicines in my house:
This was AFTER the sort/purge. Then I separated the medicines into an adult basket and a kids basket:
The first aid kit belongs in my truck. I have no idea WHY it's been in my house for so long! I restocked it, made sure nothing was expired, and put it back where it belonged. THEN, I put the new medicine baskets away in their new home:

Yup! The baskets look AWESOME in my entertainment center! You can't even tell what they are really for when you see them. They just look like 2 nice little decorative baskets! I love it. So, while I was doing my medicine sort/purge, I opened up my spice cabinet above my stove and found a couple more medicines! UGH. And then I realized how MESSY that cabinet was! At first, it looked like this:
And that is just the left side... imagine a mess on the right side just like that. This is what it looked like after I reorganized and threw away ALOT of crap:
AH! That is so much better! I actually know what I have, and I can FIND it when I need it! Yes, I realize I have a lot of teas, but I love a cup of tea before bed.
Yup! The baskets look AWESOME in my entertainment center! You can't even tell what they are really for when you see them. They just look like 2 nice little decorative baskets! I love it. So, while I was doing my medicine sort/purge, I opened up my spice cabinet above my stove and found a couple more medicines! UGH. And then I realized how MESSY that cabinet was! At first, it looked like this:
So there is my first Tidy Tuesday post! I'm hoping to do more in the future. I know there is ALWAYS something to clean and organize in this house of mine, with our 3 mess monsters living here. What do you all think? Where do you keep your meds? How does your spice cabinet look? Any advice on my cabinet? And Mom, I know you're going to comment on my alcohol bottle collection..... lol!
2 comments:
The light coming through your kitchen is so lovely. I wish I could join you for a cup a tea in Bella Itailia. The cabinet and baskets look great btw. My meds are stored on the kitchen window sill so I won't forget to take them.
Great idea!! All of our meds are above our stove. I really like the idea of separating the adult and kid stuff!
Post a Comment