Heads Up: This is just a "venting" post. If you don't want to hear some complaints and boring thoughts, don't read on. ;)
Wow, it's been months since I blogged, even though it feels like only a few weeks ago. SO much has happened since that last post in September. The husband came home from deployment and we PCSed all the way from Italy *longingsigh* back to Las Vegas *sadsigh*. Right now I am sitting in our new, temporary apartment and it's my 32nd birthday. I don't quite feel "32" but then again, I've never been 32 so I don't know how it's supposed to feel.
While living in Italy, life pretty much ironed itself out, things fell into place and I was LOVING it. Now that we are back in Vegas, I am craving that comfort again. The husband and I have been talking and I really need to get a job to help with the finances. I was able to help in Italy with my Thrift Store Management position, and I really enjoyed my job. I would love to find something here that I really enjoy. While contemplating what type of job to look for, I keep thinking that I just want to stay home for my kids! But I NEED to contribute to our household financially. SO, where's the happy medium? Do I go into "home sales" such as Tupperware, Stampin' Up, 31 Gifts??? I am not a fantastic sales person, but I do enjoy Crafting and the 31 products. Along with those 2 things, I love to MAKE things. Sewing projects bring me so much satisfaction. But for me to get to a place where I feel confident making and then actually selling things I make/sew, I need a lot more practice. Right now that isn't happening because I don't have any of my crafting or sewing supplies. Those things won't be here until we move into our permanent home on base, in March or April...
SO, what to do? I would love to craft from home and sell those products, but that isn't going to work for now. I just don't know. I think I will be looking in the classifieds and online and seeing what is out there. But now we come to another issue. Long-term stability. Specifically, Retirement.
Yes, I'm 32 and I have never had a "career" type of job that will contribute to any future retirement. I hold a Bachelors Degree in Business Management and the husband wants me to start using that. I totally agree. BUT HOW? My Mom has suggested I get into the GS system with the military. That can possibly move with us as the husband gets transferred with the Air Force, and it will build retirement and benefits for my future. But will I be happy and even more important, will it work for my family? We just don't know until it happens. Right now I don't know what to do, but GOD does. He always comes through for me and I need to just rely on him. BUT I am SUCH a worrier! I know I need to rely on HIM and not worry, and yet it's difficult. I must remember these 2 verses, and keep them in my heart:
Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."
Matthew 6:34 "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today"
2 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday Angie!!! I'm pretty much in the same "boat" as you as far as the job situation! Hang in there and I hope you enjoyed your birthday!!
I hope it works out for you.
Happy blogoversary :)
Post a Comment