I made 2 entries for this weekend's Scrapbook Diva Designer Challenge over at Splitcoaststampers. The first one I made was for Gina K.'s challenge which was to use her sketch and two patterned papers. I've been dying to scrap this adorable picture of Andrew and Angel. The base of the page is a piece of River Rock colored SU! cardstock with a Brenda Walton Designer Paper by K&company. I used SU! Best Friend's alphabet for the title on SU! Groovy Guava DP and I also used the groovy guava as a base for the river rock paper with the journaling on it. If you can't read the words, it says "It was LOVE at first sight... The day Angel was born, Andrew couldn't take his eyes off of her and it's been that
way ever since..."
For Gina's other challenge, she wanted us to a colorized picture (I chose black and white) and to match our page to that picture. Also we were to use stamps on the page. Since Cammie's challenge was to use a stamped image as an embellishment on our page, I guess I kinda did both challenges in one! So, for this one I used Fiskars cardstock in black and white textured cardstock from a pile I bought at Wal-Mart. The background stamp I used is one from The Angel Company. I don't know it's name but it's a quote from Audrey Hepburn which is pretty appropriate since MommaJ in the pic is wearing a tshirt of her (and I didn't even plan it that way!). The first stamp is SU!'s Travel Sketchbook that I just got and it's now my new favorite set, and the sentiment is from the Friends & Family stamp set by All Night Media. I really like the way the second page turned out, and actually it's going to be sent to MommaJ as a little gift. (and now that suprise is spoiled...)
I had a lot of fun doing my first Diva Designer Challenge and I wish I could have done the rest of the challenges too! Well, it's getting late over here on Hawaii Time so I better post a link from the challenge to my blog so they all this work isn't in vain.
4 comments:
Cute stuff!! You are so talented!
Shannon W.
Thanks Shannon! I tried to give you a reply on your blog, but it won't let me view it... I hope you see this here.
Beautiful layouts Angie... I especially love the "Big Brother" page. Thanks for sharing
I love your layouts! The big brother page is one that melts your heart. How precious!
Post a Comment