Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Word for the Year...

I've noticed that a lot of people have chosen a word for the year. The word is something to strive for, or work on throughout 2008. At first I thought I wouldn't be able to pick just one word to work on, and besides I have enough on my plate to worry about working on a "word!" So I put it out of my mind... that is until this morning. I stumbled upon a blog (ok, more like hopped upon since I tend to blog-hop for inspirational ideas) that has a really great journal page done up with her word "content" -as in contentment, not the contents of something. You can see her page at her blog here: http://kellysartjournaling.blogspot.com/ And yes, she asked to be linked so people will go to her blog, but I think this word thing is a good idea. So go check out her page. I am going to work on a word this year. It is going to be "patience". This is something the Lord is forever testing me on! Sometimes I get a handle on it, only to have life throw me a curveball and CRASH! It all flies out the window! So, I'll work on a scrapbook page and post it when it's done... if it gets done. It might end up being a work in progress. Thank you Kelly for the inspiration!!!
Enjoy your Tuesday everyone.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Angie;
I am extremely blessed by your kind words. I went through a year where "Patient" was definitely a "word" that came up quite often. The Lord got me through it and I am certain that He will get you through whatever comes your way too. Thank you for your comments and for linking me, as well as entering for my blog candy.
Blessings

Momo Fali said...

I'm adopting the word "hope". There are many reasons why. Too many to list without me rambling! But, that's my word, and I'm sticking to it!

jules said...

You're so awesome! If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be stamping! I love you and miss you much!

_ Jules

Kelly said...

Angie;
This is the only way I could find to contact you as I do not have your e-mail address. I wanted to propose something to you...
I have been thinking alot about what I do with my time... I make a lot of cards, I journal, I scrapbook etc., but what I would really like to do is start a "Faithbooking Club" of some sort. Sharing with other ladies of faith their journey's, struggles, victories etc. as mothers, daughters, sisters, friends, aunts, etc., in the Lord. Would you be interested in such a group were I to start one? I am contacting those I know that are Christians and basically seeing if there is any interest in this.... would you know anyone else who may also have an interest in this too?
If you could please get back to me when you can I would certainly appreciate it.
Kelly
ksun_1999@yahoo.com