Angel Baby has officially caught her first cold. I took her to the doctor yesterday and there isn't much we can do for her. I needed to play it safe and get her checked because of her prematurity, and I'm glad I did. Usually doctors tend to make me feel like a worry-wart Mom, overprotective and annoying. But this time they didn't! They acknowledged the fact that I was playing it safe, and they reassured me that they thought I did the right thing! Her temperature was getting a little high (and for preemies, 99 or 100 can be a full blown fever just like 103 is for full term infants), but Tylenol helped that, so I'm just keeping an extra close eye on her today.
So here is the project I was going to upload yesterday...
One of my Bestest Friends Forever isn't a scrappy/card making person, but still knows the impact a handwritten note can make. She sent me a little card with her name printed on the front, and inside commented that she doesn't do the whole card making thing, so this was as good as she had. Well, her birthday and Easter were right around the corner so I made her a set of cards! I was inspired by the Monogrammed notecard set that Melanie Welch did on her blog, http://stampadoodledoo.blogspot.com/. It's just a coincidence that both their names are Melanie! I thought of her (my Melanie-lol) the whole way through it (she was my inspiration!) and knocked this little set out in no time (compared to the time it Usually takes me). Here are some up close shots of the various cards and box to hold them in:
6 comments:
I hope she gets well very soon! Having had two preemies myself, I've been in that "boat". My son was put in the hospital every time he caught a cold until he was about two, because of his heart problems. I used to REALLY hate those colds!!
I hope Angel is feeling better. I'll be calling you soon:o) Beautiful cards, BTW. You're so awesome!
These cards are great!!!
I hope baby feels better soon.... i just hate it when the kids are sick. Don't you feel like you wanna take their place instead.... poor sweetie!!! Hang in there...
hugs,
Jen
What a beautiful custom giftset, Angie! Anyone would be thrilled to recieve such a wonderful and thoughtful gift! Poor Angel baby-icky cold :( hugs and prayers for a speedy recovery!
I pray the little one is better soon. Take care of yourself as well. Love the adorable card set. Great job of using those lovely sets. I'm inspired by your two tone look here. Soft and crisp. Can't wait to see what you create next. Blessings,
Deb
Oh your cards are so soft and pretty! Love the colors you chose. Im sorry you are dealing with a first cold :C Its never fun when kids get sick,especially the new little ones! She is just so stinkin cute! Love her in the 2 piece! Oh just wait-12 years from now she will probably have that same shirt on! LOL! And it wont be so cute-at least not to mom & dad! LOL!
Post a Comment