Friday, April 11, 2008

I have a silly 4 year old.

My 4 year old, Ashton, is a silly boy. Last night he decided that he needed a shave. He proceeded get a disposable razor out of the trash, and shave his upper lip. Yes, he is a hairy little man (the hairiest of all my kids) but not nearly hairy enough to need a shave! LOL! Here is a picture of him demonstrating his shaving technique. Unfortunately his technique resulted in knicking his lip! See the little drop of blood? He was ok, just a little scared.

I recently got a wonderful new stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs. I'll add a link to their store on my side panel. I have been anxious to make something with the set and here it is. I used the MOJO Monday sketch for the layout. I wanted to keep the colors neutral so the verse would stand out. I also have been itching to color the lighthouse, and here is my attempt. Here is an upclose of the colored lighthouse. I love the detail in this stamp, and it was so easy to stamp too! I have a long way to go before my coloring is great, but I think it's ok.

It's another gray day outside, with on and off rain and cool winds. I hope the VOG (volcanic fog) from the big island gets blown away. They went up from a code purple to a code yellow yesterday, which is good, but it's still not great.
I hope everyone has a great weekend! I don't know if I'll have a chance to check in; it's going to be a busy one for us.

4 comments:

jules said...

I really like the lighthouse set. I love lighthouses! Have a great weekend!

vtpuggirl said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous stuff here! I love the colors.

Melanie said...

grea5t coloring!! Beautfiul card!

Shannon Wallace said...

Okay, nevermind--I see where you got the set from.

The lighthouse is gorgeous! You are SO talented, my friend!