Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wow, how time flies!

So, I've been really busy since I last posted! My DH is taking his midtour break so we've been spending lots of "family time" lately. For all you non-military folk, I'll explain the midtour thing a bit. My DH is currently serving a one year hardship tour in Korea. This tour is unaccompanied so he's there without the kids and me, and we're here in Hawaii with Mom. With this tour, the Air Force gives us one 30-day break so that DH can come spend time with his family. Unfortunatley he has to use his leave days, and our own money, to take the break but when we've been apart for so long, I don't care about losing the leave or the money. Especially since DH hasn't seen Angel Baby since she was 5 days old! ANYWAYS... there has been lots of family time going on and not so much stamping time. I made a couple cards for Father's day though!

I had Andrew pick out three images to use to represent him, his brother, and his sister, and he picked these 3 out! He said that he is the monkey, Ashton is the frog since he is always "hopping" around, and Angel Baby is the chick because she's cute (of course lol!). The faux eyelets are from Gina K. Designs. I love that I can just stick them on and not worry about punching holes and lining them up and hiding the back of the brads. I got this Kindred Spirits stamp from Gina K. Designs because when I saw it I was reminded of hiking with my dad when I was a kid. My dad loves taking photos and he took some that looked a lot like this image when we would go hiking. Here is an upclose of the image colored with my copics. I finally went out and bought some browns and skin tones. I got a couple with my Copic Marker club, but I needed a few more (sure I NEEDED them!).

And this adorable card is a RAK I received from Linsey!!! I love the bunny and all her Aloha wear! SO appropriate now that summer is here and I'm in Hawaii! THANKS SO MUCH LINSEY!!! I especially love her coconut shell bra and lei on top of it. If you all could see it in real life you'd be amazed at all the 3-d embellies.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog today. Sorry for such a long break in between posts but it was good to hear from some of you in the meantime! I'm glad my posts were missed even a little. Also, I have a question. I noticed that my pictures are not able to be clicked on and made bigger (I think it's because of the template I'm using) so should I try to upload them bigger? Would anyone prefer that or do you even care? Please let me know! ThANKs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you are back, of course I missed your blogs I would come on every day looking for something. Your cards are all wonderful!

Linsey R said...

you are so sweet, Angie! I love all your wonderful Hoppy cards and Kindred dad (I love that hiking one!) I hope you win Melanie's new set! :) I'm so glad you have some family time and hubby is home, yay! Enjoy it and have a blessed Sunday! Hugs!