Monday, August 25, 2008

Bear with me

There are a lot of photos in this post! First off, I have to ask all my faithful blog readers to forgive me for the lack of posts this weekend. It's been a whirl-wind weekend here! Saturday was Ashton's 5th birthday party, and today is Ashton's and my Abuelita's actual birthday (and my brother in law, James' birthday too!). A quick update for any readers who don't know; my three kiddos and I live here in Hawaii with my Mom (Nana) and Stepdad (GrandpaBob). My Mom's Mom (Abuelita) also lives with us. So, all together there are 7 people living in this house; Four Generations! It's pretty cool, but we are always busy! LOL! Since we had a such a busy weekend, I didnt get a chance until now to post.
Well, here is a project that I made a little while ago for one of my very best friends who recently had her fourth beautiful red-headed baby boy.It's a flip album. I got the directions from Jessica Fick. You can check out her blog HERE. If you email her she can email you the directions for making this album. The cover has some stamps from All Night Media that just worked perfect. Now, these pictures are probably a bit confusing, but they are in order if you were to open the book page by page. I kept it pretty simple without much embellishment because I didn't want to detract from the adorable pictures, or any of the journaling that my friend may add in the journaling blocks. I love the paper that I found at my LSS. It wasn't too "baby boyish" and it had some great blues in it. I used a couple of the adorable animal images from Melanie Muenchinger's stamp sets by paper piecing them into the book. (Have I mentioned how much I LOVE M.M.'s stamps? Check them out at Gina K. Designs. I would love to be Gina K. Designs guest designer one day!)They gave just enough embellishment on this section of the book without being overwhelming. Please ignow all the stuff in the background! It was hard to get a picture of the book open this far without having all the background stuff showing! See the 3 center panels? They each open up for another page.I only had a few pictures, so I didn't fill in all the photo mats. And isn't my friend adorable with her big baby belly? Her name is Melanie too, not to be confused with the stamp designer! LOL! And here are all her boys together! She is quite outnumbered in her house being the only female with 5 guys to take care of. And just so you don't need to ask, YES, they are all natural red-heads! LOL! I love you Mel and I'm glad you enjoyed the little gift. I can't wait to meet your little gift in November!
Thank you, dear blog readers, for stopping in once again to read my blabbering. And if you've actually read all the way to the end of this, THANK YOU AGAIN! lol! I hope you all have a very blessed week, and stop by again soon. I have a couple more projects to post including some "tee" cards and birthday cards for my big 5 year old (one made by Andrew!).
Until next post, be blessed.

1 comment:

Linsey R said...

Hey girlie! This album is most fabulous! NO worries on my end, at least--I've been the worst blogger in the free world for the past while, I think! For me, it must be summer and all the things we have been out and about doing :) Fun stuff, but I've been missing my friends and I've not stamped in like, 4 days, yikes! I will always come see you because you are such a great person and are super talanted and inspiring, but don't ever feel guilty-fore you are fully present in the most special moments of your real life and that's what matters most! :) hugs and smiles! luv ya!