Monday, September 1, 2008

Did I forget to post this project?

Or have you seen this on a previous entry? I seriously can't remember! I think maybe I tried to post this project that day that blogger wasn't letting me upload... Anyway, here is a little box of 3x3 cards that I made for Jen Young's August Aloha RAK. I primarily used Melanie Muenchinger's Little Tees stamp set. Have I mentioned how much I love Mel's stamps? Ok, ok, that joke is old now. Sorry! The paper I used was a mixture of Basic Grey, My Mind's Eye, Stampin' Up! and Paperbilities. See what I did with the flowers? I punched them out with my Stampin' Up! punch and then cut between the petals to make them more dimensional. I love the way that makes them look. I also sponged the centers a little and the edges so they all match and look a little "shabby chic" (at least I think so!). The other stamp set that I used was Love You To Pieces by Gina K. Designs. The tee with all the puzzle pieces on it is the one I used that set with. The outside of the card says "Hope we can" and the inside says "connect soon". I thought it was pretty smart splitting up the sentiment like that! Well, it's been a pretty busy and quick weekend once again. Friday flew by really quick. We went to Chinatown for the first time and it was a neat experience. Ashton had been there before with his preschool class, so he played tour guide and showed us around. There was some really cool stuff to look at, and some really gross stuff too (you know, like pig pieces. UGH!). Then, Saturday came and went so quick I didn't even realize it was over. The kids and I went to the park and played follow-the-leader on the workout station, and then we went grocery shopping. I was stupid and dropped a can of frozen juice directly on my middle toe! It hurt so bad I almost threw up, but didn't. It is still throbbing, it's completely purple, and my toenail is going to fall off any day now. It really sucks. I didn't realize how much a little toe could HURT! OUCH! Now it's Sunday, and we didn't do much today. It was a nice day to just sit and relax, and keep my foot elevated so it doesn't throb so much. Tomorrow is going to be another relaxing day I hope. Thank you God for the Labor day holiday! LOL!
As usual, I truly appreciate you stopping by and taking the time to read my blog. Until next post, be blessed!

No comments: