My Mom works for the Army. She works with a lot of soldiers who get deployed. One of those soldiers asked her if she knew anyone who did scrapbooking. Of course my Mom mentioned me. She signed me up to make a scrapbook for a Dad to give to his son before his deployment.

I still have about a month to get this done, but I needed to get it going because I don't want to procrastinate and have to rush through it at the end! On these two pages, imagine a dad changing a diaper in the first one, then blowing raspberries on son's belly in the second one:


I am keeping the pages VERY simple and as "manly" as possible. This book will be in the hands of a preschooler and I don't want it to be easily ruined. I want it to be durable for a little man's hands so there isn't any extra embellishment to these pages.

I covered up the pictures for privacy-sake, but the pages really do look much better when you can see the pictures!

Also, I totally scored with this paper! I got a few packs of paper with 25 pages each at Borders. They were on sale for only $6 a pack! I'm so glad I got them because they have just the right colors and patterns for a "manly" scrapbook. The titles on all the pages so far are stickers from American Crafts that I have picked up along the way on sale.
So, wish me luck with the rest of the book. I hope the Dad and Son love it and they treasure it for years to come.
Until next post, be blessed!
2 comments:
What a wonderful project to work on! I'm sure your beautiful book will be cherished for many many years.
It's always nice to make a project that is so meaningful.
Oh that is great and they couldn't have picked a better person to do it!
Post a Comment