Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Vain Birds

Happy Tuesday everyone! So, wanna see more wildlife from the tropical island of Oahu? Here are a couple yellow birds that are the vainest birds I have ever known! An upclose of one of them:Well, I know birds like mirrors, but geez, these birds take it a little far! I have seen them checking themselves out on my car, Grampabob's car, the neighbors car, even a car parked at the park! I think they are funny because they will hang out at the side-view mirror of cars and just CHIRP away! And just so everyone knows they've been there, they leave poop behind! Yup, I've got bird poop in front of my side view mirror! LOL! See the poop? lol! Well, on to some crafty stuff. Jen Young is a local gal who has been doing some weekly challenges on her blog. Last week, the third challenge was to alter something from around the house. I chose to alter some baby food jars (got PLENTY of those!) to hold some of my Basic Gray embellishments. I think the pictures speak for themselves... Next up we have the first card I made with my new basic Gray Euphoria paper. I love this paper and these hippos look great dressed in it! I paper pieced the hippos, added some white signo gel pen to their teeth, and colored their eyes and toe nails with Copic Markers. The embellies are Euphoria as well. I hope you can click on the picture to get a close up view because the hippos are so cute in their pink paper and purple toe nails! And last but in NO WAY least I got some happy mail yesterday! Linsey Rickett (my bff from Washington state-Blogging Friend Forever!) sent me this Wonderful card! The dragon is from Artful Inkables. I never heard of this company until I saw this card on Linsey's blog. I will have to check them out... although the stamping budget won't be allowing a purchase from them, poo!


Well, that's it for this post! I need to get going with my day. I've got 2 more signatures to secure for our PCS paperwork today and I'm determined to get all my paperwork completely TODAY! Tomorrow I will start posting an Italian word or phrase of the day. My hubby and I want to learn Italian and since my Wonderful Mamasita Bonita (my mom-lol) bought me the Rosetta Stone to learn Italian for Christmas, I am going to start utilizing it and learning that beautiful language. Since I have the Rosetta stone, Hubby asked me to email him an Italian word or phrase everyday so he can learn a little too. So, to keep me accountable I will be posting some Italian for ya here on my blog as well!


Until next post, be blessed.




3 comments:

jules said...

I love that dragon stamp!!! I'm going to have to check that out. I'm glad David's becoming so involved...it makes me so happy for you! Most husband don't take the time, you know? Take care and good luck!

Kristel said...

So the little yellow birds know they are pretty huh? Well, they are! Quite cute actually! In the pic with the 2 birds, it looks like they are singing together.
I like the floral background on your hippo card. It's so pretty and girly!

loveanjel4! said...

Those birds crack me up. Kind of reminds me of Jacki she is very vain too! Maybe the birds are so happy to see themselves they must poop.