Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Hatter the Leprechaun

Hi Everyone! So this is gonna be a quick post. Angel Baby's sleepy and wants to cuddle so she's pulling my hair and trying to give me kisses! Yesterday was St. Patty's day, and even though I forgot until I read a St. Patty's day blog post, I did manage to get some stamping time and get the kids some little treat tins made. I used The Greeting Farm's Hatter stamp from the Wonderland stamp set and colored his outfit green to make him into a Leprechaun! Here's a pic of the three tins I made: They are all pretty much the same only I used different colors of twine and a few different buttons on them. I used scrap green paper to cover just the tops of the tins, added a little DP from Making Memories (I think) and the buttons are a mixture of SU!, Wal-mart, and stolen buttons from my mom, heeheehee! Of course I colored Hatter with my Copics. Here's an upclose of Ashton's tin:
I put some Ritter Sport mini chocolates in there with some green M&M's and the kids LOVED them! It only took me about an hour to make all three tins which is relatively quick for me. What did you all do for St. Patrick's day? Any "green" traditions? I forgot to wear green, so Andrew pinched me! So I just used one of my Copic markers and swiped a green mark on the back of my hand, lol! Well, I hope you all have a Wonderful Wednesday and leave me a comment to let me know you stopped by!
OH! P.S. As I've been cleaning and organizing the house, I'm finding a ton of books that I've read but don't really care to read again. (I love to read, that's my second favorite hobby next to cardmaking I think). So, is anyone interested in a little Book Blog Candy? Or maybe a Book Swap? Hm, maybe I'll just list a few here, and I'll send them to whoever wants them first? Let me know what you think. If no one is interested at all, I'll probably end up keeping them, lol!
Until next post, be blessed!

3 comments:

~*Joni said...

Angie, I am so happy that your household goods are there! Being a military wife, I know your pain! I LOVE reading through your blog entries, and seeing your adorable kids just make me smile. Good luck in tracking down that last crate...grrrr...We've had that happen on several occassions as well. Now is the fun part, unpacking! :D
hugs to you and yours~

Shannon Wallace said...

Those tins are just too cute!! ANd yes, a book blog candy or swap sounds fabulous, as I too LOVE books!

Anonymous said...

Got any nicholas sparks, ooh or those books you were supposed to let me read and then decided to hop a plane to hawaii and leave me all lonesome!

Krystal