Friday, May 29, 2009

It's Aloha Friday...

No work til Monday... Do be do be do be dooooo. LOL! Almost every Friday that song pops into my head. I'm so glad it's Friday. Even though this was a short week, I feel exhausted. The boys HATE getting out of bed in the mornings and I HATE tying to get them up. They havn't missed the bus in awhile (only twice this year!) so we're doing ok. AND, we only have 9 more school days left! Whew! I'm looking forwardto summer, but I know the kids will get bored after about a week so I'm looking into summer programs. Anyway, remember this card that I showed you before: I sent this card over to a little boy who lives in the UK. I found out about him through PostPals because of the blog candy that Dustin has going on over on his blog. In case you want to join in there is still time! Go check out the candy post HERE and send a little paper smile to a child who needs it!
And here is a sweet little project that I whipped up in about 5 minutes for a friend of mine (who hopefully got her package by now, Carin?):
I needed to fill some space in a box I was sending her so I made this little treat box using a plastic container that used to hold tags in it. I just cut some DP to fit the front, stamped the image on Kraft cardstock, tied a ribbon around the cardstock and glued it all on! So easy and quick:
Oh yeah, those are italian gummy candies that you see in the box. I figure her boys would like to try some authetic italian candy. The peach flavored ones are my favorite!
That's it for this morning. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Maybe I'll get a chance to post the projects I'm making for my Design Team application... we'll see!
Until next post, be blessed.

4 comments:

~*Joni said...

I loved Dustin's idea for PostPals, and I love your card!!! What perfect coloring Angie! It's such a sweet layout, very clean. It will definitely bring a smile to his face.
And great 3D project idea! I have that stamp too, never ever thought of using it like this. The Italian sweets look yummmmmy. :D

Shannon Wallace said...

I will have to check out the PostPals...souunds wonderful!! That dragon image is so vibrant--copics for the color??? I having been eyeing copics, but hold back since I rarely stamp anymore.

Best on your DT application!!!

Justine said...

YOU haven't missed Twisted Thursday YET... YOU have until Midnight.....
I guess you saw the DT post???
BTW, I love that song and I think I sing it every week for the kids at school...... Are you also from Hawaii?? Have we discussed this and I just can't remember??

Randi said...

I LOVE Dustin Pike's images! That dragon is SO cute!! Love how you colored him! Any little boy would love this card!! What a great thing PostPals is.

Cute idea for the candies!!
Was it the TGF DT you were going for?? I hope so!! And, if so, GOODLUCK!! I look forward to seeing your creations!