Friday, June 19, 2009

Finally Friday!

Good morning Starshine! The Earth says Hello! LOL! Ok, that's one of my favorite lines from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (the new one with Johnny Depp) and we re-watched it recently so it's on my mind. For today I wanted to show you the other two cards that I made for my TGF Design Team application. Here's a close up of Fairy Chloe and the coloring I tried on her hair. Traci gave us a wonderful tutorial on the Club Anya blog on how to color black hair and since I don't have all the markers for the black hair, I decided to give it a try with yellow. It came out ok but Traci suggested I blend the darkest and middle colors a little more where they touch and I totally agree. I may go back today and give that another go. Here's the card in it's entirety:
I used some really fun Prima flowers for the embellishments. I bought them especially for this card since I already had Chloe colored and I knew I needed some bright embellishments. Oh, and the sentiment is two different stamps from two different stamp sets from TGF that I put together and doodled around. Here's the final card that I made for the TGF DT application:
I love love LOVE the way this froggy card came out! I plan on making a few more so I can send them to people and keep the original for myself. It was so quick... almost kismet! The ribbon had been WAITING to be used and that paper was SCREAMING to be cut into! I just need to get a new Signo White Gel pen (since mine is empty!-NOOOOOO!!!!) so I can make the necessary dots around the scalloped circle... Oh no, I just realized that this circle was a die cut from my old stash of SU! diecuts and it's been retired! CRAP! I need to either order some more if they still have them or get an actual die to cut out my own.. what to do???? Oh, wait... I just checked my catalog and this set of diecuts wasn't retired, the other color set was. Whew! Crisis averted! Ok, enough of my crazy babbling. That's all for this Fantastic Friday. I hope you liked my cards and that you'll leave a comment telling me so! LOL!
Until next week (probably) be BLESSED!!!

4 comments:

Jodi said...

You did a great job with your card!! Your coloring turned out so pretty!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Cheryl said...

Awe... that froggy is the cutest!!!
And I kinda like the hair colored like that.

Kristel said...

Oh my gosh "Good morning Starshine! The Earth says Hello!" is from the Simpsons too!!! Paul actually recorded it onto my cell phone and it's my alarm clock tone. So I wake up to that every morning (he does too)!!! That's too funny!

Teri said...

Love both cards! I love the Yellow hair and you did a fantastic job coloring!