Monday, June 15, 2009

SOA ended well!

Hey there friends! During the Stamp Out Alzheimer's event, I hosted a challenge called "Not A Card Button Challenge." The Challenge was to create something that was NOT a card and to use Buttons. I created this framed art: I used a lot of my favorite buttons on this project. First I drew the heart and wrote the scripture all around the edges of the paper and next to the heart then I sponged the white ink. Oh btw, the rest of the scripture was covered up by the frame, but I know it's there! In real life the contrast between the white ink and the kraft cardstock is NOT this harsh. Here it looks like a definite line between the two, but there isn't really. Next I picked a bunch of buttons, a few pearls and two heart brads to fill in the heart.
I had to play around with the buttons to distribute the colors and make them all fit but it was a fun, rewarding and relaxing time just playing with pretty buttons. Here is a close up of part of the scripture:

I have this frame displayed in our entertainment center. It's in a spot that isn't too obvious, but I know it's there and it's kinda comforting in a wierd way.
The Stamp Out Alzheimer's event ended with over to $6,500 raised!!! To think that this event started last year with just Jen Tapler posting some challenges on her blog and sending out prizes all on her own with a handful of participants, to this event that was a HUGEMONGOUS success!!! Wow, I can't wait to see what happens next year!
Until next post, be blessed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

VERY VERY INTERESTING CUTE
MOM

Anonymous said...

For some reason I really like this button card. It shows somekind of inmagination of some sort. so Make me one and send it.
XOXXOX M