Friday, January 18, 2008

Cased cards

Sometimes I find that I just can't get the creative juices flowing (actually, that happens a lot!) So I usually head over to SCS to find inspiration. Here are a few cards that I CASEd from SCS:
For the first two I wanted to use my Delight in Life set from SU! The black and white one I cased from BaileyKat. Everything is pretty much the same, except I did a different background on the white card and didn't add any ribbon. If I knew how to link to her card, I would. But you can just head over to the member galleries on SCS and look her up. She's got some nice stuff on there. I used SU! whisper white cardstock and Fiskars Black cardstock as well as SU! Basic Black ink.
This next one was cased from SCS member Stampinthyme. She did this one for a sketch challenge and I think it's great (obviously since I cased it!). Again you can check out the original on her member gallery. I used some pink cardstock from my stash and SU! whisper white. The inks are SU! Pixie Pink and there is versamark on the lighter pink. The white heart brads are Making Memories (I think!). Sorry about the blurry picture, not too skilled with my mom's digital camera. I have to use hers since mine mysteriously disapeared. It may be found someday but in the meantime I have to use this one. It's a decent camera, just kinda old and I don't use it well I guess. The one I REALLY REALLY want is a Nikon D40. It would be perfect for me since I'm not a proffessional at all but aspiring to get better with my photography. But I digress...
So the last cased card for now is one I found on SCS (of course) by Geojlc. She has some great cards using the SU! Ahoy, Matey! set and I had to copy this one to send out to some young people I know for their birthdays.
I used some cardstock from my stash and close to cocoa for the stamps. There is also some creamy caramel for the distressed edges and I used my watercolor pencils to color it all in. The first one is shown open and the second one is closed. Besides the stamp sets, they are the same. The stamp set for the girl pirate is "Pirates" from The Angel Company. I
had to change
them up a little since
one is going to a boy and the other to a girl. I hope as time goes by and I stamp more and more, I can find my own style and I'll need to use other people's ideas less. In the meantime, I hope I do justice to the cards I copy!

2 comments:

Melanie Welch said...

I love them all!! Especially the black and white one!! I love the contrast of black and white!! It is so striking!! Beautiful cards!

Tandra said...

Hi Angie!! Great cards!! I love the pirate one!!
Dont worry, the more you stamp, you'll start finding your groove and pretty soon people will be casing you!!
Thanks for visiting my blog, and linking!
Hugs!