I love blogs. I blog hop way (WAY) too much. But sometimes it is worth it. Tonight I read something on Ali Edwards' blog (http://www.aliedwards.typepad.com/) that really got me thinking. She always has a quote on her sidebar and this is the one that was there tonight:
Leo Buscaglia : The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It's overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt.
Now, if you read that; not just read, but REALLY READ it; then you know what I'm talking about. It is SO true. Just today in church, Pastor Ron was talking about bringing Jesus into our daily lives. As he put it, "Into our boat". In other words, where we work and spend the majority of our days. You may not see the relevance but in my mind they totally relate, but I'm a little bit different sometimes ;p
I'm not going to get all Evangelical on you, but this quote just confirmed some things to me tonight, and I thought I'd share. I'll let you get what you get out of it...
Also, many of you who read this blog are special people to me, and knowing that you read this, or that you even think of me, well, that means a lot to me and I THANK YOU.
Have a nice night all, and Have a Happy Week. Spring Break's now over and it's back to the day to day grind tomorrow!
5 comments:
I liked your last title just fine! But, since you're asking for ideas, how about INTO OUR BOAT?
What a great quote!!!! I had to copy and paste that thing! TFS!
yes, yes, yes!!! I love you too girlfriend, and I totally love sharing with you!!
hugs n' aloha,
Jen
such a fabulous quote!!
Oh, that is so lovely! I was moved to tears reading that passage and it absolutely resinates with me. Thanks for sharing it and you have a blessed weekend yourself! hugs!
Post a Comment