It's hard to believe, but I've actually gotten crafty this week AND been babysitting! Yup, that's me, Miss Multitasker. "The more I have to do, the better." LOL! Well, here are a couple more SOA (Stamping Out Alzheimer's; check out the details HERE) challenges:
This is SOA #7. I was a little worried about doing a 2 page scrapbook layout, so I decided to stick with the 8x8 size page, and make a couple more pages for Angel Baby's Book. I hope you can click on it to get a closer look. Those are some of my favorite pics of Angel!
This one is SOA #4.
I honestly don't like the combo of colors on this one. I failed myself when putting this together. I just kept going, thinking it would "come together in the end" but it didn't! I like the sketch though, so I'm going to have to give it another shot with different papers and colors. And No, my Mom will not be getting this card.
Also, I did this card:
This card is not an SOA challenge entry, it is this weekend's sketch from Lauren Meader. When I saw this sketch posted on her blog, I immediately got inspired and had to try out my idea. So, Yes, my Mom will be getting this card for Mother's Day. And No, she won't see it before then because she NEVER reads my blog. (Unless I show her something on it) Lauren did 2 absolutely beautiful cards with her sketch and they are both very different takes on the same layout! Plus, I turned the card long-ways even though her sketch has it being a tall card. Go check it out HERE and give it a try. It's a great sketch!
BTW, did you notice that I linked the word and not a whole address??? THANK YOU Linsey! (she gave me instructions on how to do it) Click on Linsey's name too and check out her blog. She is SUPER talented! She just submitted an entry to be a guest designer for My Favorite Things. I bet she gets it! She should, she deserves it and does fabulous work.
Alrighty then my faithful readers. I must hit the hay. We have an early morning tomorrow since Andrew's baseball game is "away" this time. I don't even know where the field is so we'll be leaving REALLY early just to make sure we can find it in time. Wish me luck! And Goodnight!
5 comments:
these are very cute!!! love the page layout and you baby girl is so adorable!! Good luck in finding the field, and to a great game too!! We're playing football in the a.m. as well....
hugs,
Jen
Aloha,
Great cards!
Love 'em all!
(hugs)
Gina
I love your Angel pages! Hope all is well. Can't wait to see you next month. Maybe we can go do something while David is taking care of business, or do you have to go with him?
Hi Angie! Thanks for visiting my blog! In answer to your question, yep I made those envelopes to go with the cards :) I make almost all my own envelopes, unless I'm using my stash of pre-made envies. I really do think that making a matching envelope goes a long way to adding a great touch to a handmade card.
hugs
Di
Oh my goodness, your page layout is so precious! phooey, I can't click for a close up to see Angel
:( Oh well, I can see how simply adorable these pages are! And your two cards are wonderful! I love them, you did a beautiful job on both! Thanks for sharing what you had a chance to create this week! Hugs, my friend!
Post a Comment