Thursday, July 24, 2008

Riley Swap-first batch

It's Thursday! WooHoo! Next week the boys start school already. They are in a year-round school, so Summer break is pretty much over and the new school year begins. Andrew is a 4th grader this year, and Ashton is starting Kindergarten! Boy, time sure does fly. I'll have to post pictures of them on their first day of school...
So, here's the first batch of Riley cards that I made for the Riley swap. I had a little trouble getting this group going. As I posted earlier, I had a different idea of how I wanted this card to turn out, but since that didn't quite work this one came about. It's the same layout, only I changed the papers, and the embellishments. With the embellishments, I didn't have anything that I wanted to use, so I decided to make my own! I used clear rain drops, and stuck them onto pieces of the Basic Gray paper. Then I cut it out, and waalaa! There they are!
Well, after I finished this set I stamped a few more Riley images and found some patterned paper that I liked and made another batch of Riley cards! But I'll post them on another day.
Until then, be blessed and thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Angie, love the DP on these swaps. That Riley is a cutie, isn't he? These turned out great.

I can't wait til' my kiddos go back to school too!! Summer went or is going pretty quick, huh?

big hugs,
Jen