Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Getting Ready for my First Workshop!

I am having my first Stampin' Up! Workshop this Saturday, and I'm trying to get ready! My up line, Alisha, is coming over tomorrow to help me finalize my decisions on what projects to do, and help me organize myself so I'm ready for Saturday. I want to do a scrapbook page and this is my first idea:

I really like how this page shows off the stamp set, the white gel pen, and the white craft ink with the stampin around wheel, but it seems to be missing something... Any suggestions?

I also needed a card for my BIL's birthday, so I pulled out a stamp he's sure to appreciate and used Jen's weekly challenge to make this:

There is a family "thing" about bumblebees (or, in proper Lilavois' terms: a vonvon) so when I saw this image at Hambo Stamps, I had to have it! I also have his brother, who looks very similar but has a different pose. I kept the card VERY simple with NO embellishments and a neutral color palette. My BIL is not one for embellishment or anything too fancy. I hope he likes it!Yesterday I showed you all a picture of my Angel Baby at the park, conversing with Tigger. While she was having a serious conversation with her bestest friend, the boys were doing this: I think maybe Angel was trying to ask Tigger what the heck was going on with her brothers! LOL! Seriously though, we were having a good time on the exercise equipment while playing follow the leader. The boys thought it was great when I tried to do the acrobatic stuff that they were doing! I just kinda hurt myself...Well, I have a scrapbook to finish and a workshop to prepare for so I better get off this machine and get to work while the kids are still occupied!

Oh yeah, before I go, did you all see the new gadget I added to my blog? It's a following gadget, so who is going to be the first reader to be a follower too???

Until next post, be blessed!

6 comments:

loveanjel4! said...

best of luck on your first workshop? How many people are coming? I am sure you will do a great job!

Shannon Wallace said...

I hope your first workshop goes well! I was almost always a nervous wreck preparing and presenting the workshop. I guess because I'm not very talented (yet). Best piece of advice, don't over do it on the projects. Do no more than 2 projects. Any more than that and it's overkill and cost you more $$$.

As for the scrapbook page, I think it looks lovely. Maybe add some ribbon in somewhere or some other sort of embellishment. But it looks great the way it is.

Denise said...

Good luck on your workshop, I enjoy your blog. My daughter was a preemie too! 6 weeks early, she is now 20!!

Linsey R said...

Oh, this card is buzz-tastic! I think your BIL will really love it! Angel baby and her beloved Tigger are just too sweet! And ofcourse the boys were spinning themselves silly, as only boys can do, lol! such cuties! I hope your having a wonderful Sept. so far there in beauitful Hawaii! hugs and luvs, Angie!

Arielle said...

Whenever I think that my layouts are too plain I always add a little bling (rhinestones, glitter, etc). That usually spices it right up into a work of art!

Little C's Creations said...

Oh wow!! have fun during your 1st WS!! I love having my gatherings as well!! Thanks for playing in this week's challenge too!! It's sweet n' simple!!

Hugs,
Jen