Sunday, September 28, 2008

Stamp-A-Rama!

Hello Blog readers! How are you this fine Sunday? I hope you are all having a great day. My mom and I are dancing with our church's sign dance team this morning at Waikiki Beach. We are dancing to Fantasia's "I Believe". This will be my last dance with the team since we are moving in November. It's been a fun time of fellowship with all the ladies and some good quality time with my mom, and I will miss those things.
Well, last Sunday I went to Jennifer Thompson's house for our team's monthly Stamp-A-Rama. We all brought a shoebox swap to participate in. (A shoebox swap is when everyone brings the supplies for everyone else to make a card, or project and we all make everyone else's project to take home with us. Clear as mud? Good!) I took the Snow Swirled Christmas card I showed you a few days back and I got to make these lovely creations: I don't remember who brought what, but I know that the sympathy card was brought by my upline Alisha, and the brayered "you're on my mind" card was Jennifer's contribution.
This neat little desktop calendar was fun! We colored the flowers directly on the stamps with Stampin' Write markers, sprayed them with a little water, then stamped for a watercolor effect.
See my little boo boo on the flower petal? Oh well, that's what handmade looks like! I remember that this was the shoebox swap from Julie. I just met her for the first time that day. Hi Julie!
Isn't that owl cute? We used a bunch of punches including the scallop circle punch, round tab punch, and boho blossoms punch. Talk about enabling me to want more punches! LOL!
This project is so great! We used the scalloped square punch and the curly lable punch (which I have both of!) and made embellishments! Now I know how to make frames and cute photo corners for my scrapbook pages. WooHoo!
The Stamp-a-ramas are always so much fun because I get to hang out with fellow demonstrators and make stuff. I really miss that. When we lived in Vegas I had my "stamping buddies" and we could hang out and craft or show eachother what we'd been making. I hope I find a fun group like that again when we get to Italy.
Speaking of Italy, I am selling off some of my retired stamp sets to make room for more... uh, I mean... to have less to move! LOL! You can read the list of stamps and prices HERE and if you are interested, let me know.
Until next post, be blessed!

5 comments:

loveanjel4! said...

How fun! I love that owl card was it hard? It looks very detailed. I wanna do one!

Kim Mraz said...

omgosh, they are ALL wonderful

LOVE that owl the most :)

Momo Fali said...

All beautiful! Guess what? I made a card! It's cute and perfect! Of course, my cousin walked me through each and every step, and even cut my ribbon and paper, but it's a start.

Carolyn King said...

WOWie...whwat an awesome collection of cadrs. Great job. LOVE the fun owl and calendar!

Theresa Momber said...

Wow, look at all these fantastic projects!

Thank you so much for your kind comment. I loved doing the TTC swap and receiving those wonderful cards in return. Your swaps were beautiful (both sets). I loved the way you made your strawberries glossy, but left your leaves matte.

Now, I need to explore a while. You have some great projects here...