Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tin Trading Cards





Hello Everyone! How are you all doing this fine September day? I hope you are doing well and enjoying the coming Autumn! Autumn is my favorite holiday. I love the cool, crisp feel to the air. Next year is going to be even better since we will be living in Italy, and we'll get to experience a different change of season than we can in the desert (where I've lived most of my life) or on an island (where I am now). I'm so excited!


Anyway, I participated in a Gina K. Designs Tin Trading Card Swap. A bunch of us GKD fans got together on SCS and made TTCs to swap with eachother. A TTC (Tin Trading Card) is just like an Artist Trading Card (or baseball card) in that it is a little card to trade! In stamping-style, we all made our TTC's with GKD stamps, and we made them small enough to fit into Altoid-style tins. I had to sign up for two spots, because I wanted cards from as many people as possible. The cards show each stampers style of art, and they are fun to get ideas from too! I think my cards show two different styles that I like, and they both show-off my coloring, not that I'm super great at coloring, I just love to color my stamped images! The first set of TTC's use GKD's Summer Harvest stamp set with some random paper from my big stash of random papers. It also uses my new scalloped square punch from Stampin' Up! I love that thing and I'm sure I'll be using it a lot! The second set of TTC's use GKD's "Flowers for Daisy" illustrated by Asella Hopkins. This set of stamps is so versatile and pretty.

I'm really looking forward to getting 20 TTC's back, and seeing all the different styles and designs. I also sent out my Owl Swap cards, and I should be getting my Riley the Moose swap cards any day now. I'm going to have some happy mail days in my near future!

I want to share a photo with you all. This is my Angel Baby, talking to her very best, life-long friend, tigger!As you can tell in this pic, Angel shares some of her deepest, most intimate thoughts with her favorite little buddy. They have been through thick and thin with eachother. To give you some perspective, here is a picture of Angel Baby with tigger when Angel was living in the NICU: That;s actually not the best picture of them together, can you even see tigger up there in the corner? He was with Angel from the beginning! When I look at these pictures of Angel, I get reminded of all the blessings that God has given me and my family.
Ok, well I hope the rest of your week is wonderful. Until next post, be blessed!

5 comments:

jules said...

Love the cards...love Angel Baby more;p She's getting so big! She is such a blessing and a true fighter. I miss and love you guys! Tell the boys Robert said "What's up?"

loveanjel4! said...

Oh my gosh look at little Angel baby she is getting so big she truly is a blessing for you all! I love the tin cards as well, but I am yet to see something of yours I don't like.

Sharon B. said...

I really like those cards, but must say that the baby is even prettier. You have a very nice family in that picture at the top. May you all safe and well. Can't wait to get my cards.

Lee said...

Oh your precious little Angel baby just melts my heart!!!! I remember when my little girl (now 17) was in NICU!!

And those TTC's are just darling!!! I love the scallops!! Wonder which one I'll get as I'm lucky enough to be in a group with you!!!

Linsey R said...

OH, you sure are blessed, my sweet friend--and your family and friends, equally so by you! :) both sets of your TTC's are absolutely fabulous, I truly cannot choose which I adore more! Can you believe that I am in group 3--the only one you are not in?!?! How did that happen! Well, at least 19 other ladies will be receiving your amazing creations! I can't believe you're going to be living all the way in Italy (I thought you were far enough in HI!)--I'm in awe of you and very intriqued by the prospect of living abroad. What an amazing life...and your children are experiencing so much more than most (like me who graduated HS with the same kids I went to Kindergarten with , ugh! so sheltered) Culture-diversity--awesome! :) I'm so happy we have the internet to keep us close in some way. Blessings and love to you! xoxo