I haven't blogged in quite a few days! On Thursday, the 4th, I got a call from one of my bestest friends. Hope had read my post about Mary and she bought me a plane ticket so I could go to Mary's funeral! It was so great to go celebrate Mary's life with all the people who loved her. Mary has touched so many people in her life, that her funeral was standing room only! ALL the seats in the church were full and people were standing along the walls. There were even people outside during the service! It was the happiest, most joyful celebration of life. Yes, there were tears, and we all will miss Mary, but it was a wonderful celebration. I got to visit with some of my closest friends, and see people that I haven't seen in almost 10 years! This is a picture of two of my best life-long friends.
Melanie (the redhead) and Hope and I have been like sisters since the first day of highschool, over 14 years ago. I know that they will be in my life until our dying days, and I'm so grateful for that. Anyway, I flew out of Hawaii late Saturday night and got into Vegas early Sunday morning. I got a rental and drove to Barstow and had lunch with my Dad and family. That was so nice to catch up with my little sister and brothers and parents. Then I drove to the funeral. Since Hope bought me the plane ticket, Melanie had no clue that I was going to be there. When she saw me, she was so surprised and happy. It was a great thing to do for her. Thanks so much for making it possible Hopie!
Then we just hung out for the rest of the day. It was great. The next day I drove back to Vegas and stayed at my friend's house. Carin and Nate were in the middle of moving out of their apartment and onto base, but they made room for me and Angel baby! Thanks so much guys! It has been about 4 years (I think) since I've seen them. I didn't get any pictures of them though, we just ran out of time! Next time though, right Carin? LOL! Then, Tuesday morning I got up and caught my flight back home. MAN, I was wiped! I was so tired from the busy, long weekend.
Well, that's all the rambling I have for today. I have some Trading Cards that I made for a swap to show you all, but that will be for tomorrow's post.
Until next post, be blessed!
1 comment:
awe how awesome of a friend is that? I am so happy for you that you were able to go.
Post a Comment