It's Black Friday today. Who braved the shopping malls? Not me! I worked several years in retail and decided that I would never shop on Black Friday unless absolutely necessary. So, we've just been hanging around the house, doing laundry, stuff like that. Yesterday was a good day. We didn't go anywhere, just stayed home and enjoyed each other's company. Made a modest Thanksgiving dinner, and watched a silly movie. It was a happy/sad day. We had originally planned on being in San Diego visiting family in the morning, then flying to Arkansas to visit family in the evening, but those plans fell through when our orders didn't get cut in time. We were happy to be together, but we were missing our family that we didn't get to be with. I really hope and pray that our orders get us to Italy for Christmas, because I know it will be a difficult day to get through if we're still here and my husband is still in Korea. But enough about that! Yesterday I got a chance to be a little crafty. My oldest son and I made Christmas lists!
We had a good time making these lists, and they didn't take long at all. The boys have already started filling them in with the toys they want. Notice the gift on Andrew's list? He wants a VERY expensive iPod! lol.
Well, on another subject, Wednesday was Einstein's last day with us. The poor little guy had a bad liver, and it slowly took his life away. He was just 6 months old, but he was suffering. My Mom took him to be put to sleep on Wednesday afternoon. We all miss him, but he was in so much pain, that now he is much better off. Here is a picture of him playing with Angel:
Thank you again for stopping by. I really appreciate when you all read my posts and comment. And by the way, if you want to comment but don't have a blogger account, you still can if you post as "anonymous." Just click the circle next to "anonymous" and you'll be good to go. Oh, and don't forget to tell me who you are, or I won't know! lol.
Until next post, be blessed.
3 comments:
What a great idea to make the wish lists. Cameron just wrote it on my little pocket calender! LOL! I enjoy looking at your blog! I don't update my that often I rarely get comments on mine! boohoo!
I am sorry to hear about Einstein poor little guy but like you said he is in a better place.
We would love to post your adorable DoodleFactory Christmas lists in our gallery. If that would be ok with you please email all 3 of them to: strvingartistmp@aol.com
We are very sorry for your loss, he looked to be a sweet little guy.
=0( Sorry to hear about your doggy, and that your orders didn't go through. At least this time next year, you will all be together. Hang in there... big hugs n' smooches to you and your adorable family.
Hugs,
Jen
Post a Comment