Friday, March 6, 2009

Another Anya and my Pixie

Hey there! I have another Anya to show you today. Are you all sick of them yet? I'm not, that's why I keep using them! I don't think I'll ever get tired of Anya, or the other stamps from The Greeting Farm, but I'll give you a break from the Anya's on my next post. So here she is, Alice Anya: I made this cute little card for Jen DelMuro's Sketch for You To Try. I haven't participated in this sketch in a long long time so it was fun. I colored Anya with my copics (of course) but this time I used 3 idfferent colors of brown in her hair just to try something different. I'm still not sure about the flower in her hair... what do you all think? All the papers are Stampin' Up!
Now, remember I mentioned sewing on my cards and wanting a little machine I saw at Wal-Mart before we moved? Well, I got it and here it is!

This is my little Pixie Sewing machine by Singer. My mom picked it up for me and mailed it to me, isn't she the best? She's been sending us all kinds of stuff; toys I couldn't pack, clothes I left, my workout mat, and more... but I digress. I've played with my Pixie a little bit, practiced threading it and tested out all the different stitches. I still have a lot of practice to do, but it's going to be fun! And just so you know how little this really is, here's a size comparison:
My pixie is next to a little 7.25 inches tall pad of paper (ignore the list on the paper, it's just a list of bands I want on my MP3 player). So this little machine really is tiny, but it's perfect for my little stamping room and my cards. Mom also bought me a sewing basket and loaded it with essential sewing goodies, so I'm good to go! There's some really neat two-toned threads that will look so great on some cards. As soon as I get confident enough, I'll be sewing on my cards and sharing them here with you. How many of you have sewing experience? Any tips? Do you sew on your cards as well as fabric? I'm nervous about ending the stitch on a card. How will I close the stitch? Will I always have threads coming off the ends of the card stock?
In addition to sewing on my cards, I want to make a little purse for Angel, and maybe a couple little blankets too. I saw some Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket fabrics that are beautiful! Now I just need to find an online store that sells them. They look just like the designer papers; talk about combining my paper hobby with my new sewing adventure!
Well, that's my post for today. I promise the next post won't have an Anya on it (but I'm not promising that it won't be an image from the same company;).
Until next post, be blessed!
OH! P.S. If you've noticed a lot of little spelling or punctuation errors on my last few posts, I can't get the spell check to work. Sorry! I try to reread my posts and edit, but I probably still miss some things.

3 comments:

Shannon Wallace said...

I'm definitely NOT sick of Alice! That is by far the cutest Alice Anya card yet!!

Your sewing machine is so cute! It is very compact. You should see mine, it's a monster...it weighs like 20 plus pounds! Anyway, I have done a bit of sewing on cards. Whenever you sew, you want to (at the beginning of your stitch and at the end) use the backup function/lever on your machine and literally go backwards over your beginning and ending stitches to reinforce so it doesn't come apart. The you can trim any excess hanging thread with scissors, just so long as you're not cutting into your stitching.

I'm wanting to do a lot of sewing (and need to since I paid an arm and a leg for my machine), I just never find the time!!! Anyway, I wish you the best with your sewing endeavors. Hopefully we can encourage one another. :o)

KeeponScrappin said...

Super cute card Angie. How are you? How's Italy? You're so lucky. Someday, I'll visit the place. heehee. I love your Pixie. I need one. That's a perfect size for me. Thank you for sharing.

Momo Fali said...

That is the most adorable little machine! I would likely break it, but I'm sure you can do wonderful things with it!