Faces Come Out In the rain, when you're strange. No one remembers your name... Ok, I'll stop. Those are the lyrics to one of my favorite songs by the Doors. So what does this have to do with my post? Club Anya is having another challenge. It's the Rockin' Rebel challenge! The challenge is to make your favorite Rockstar out of an Ian or Anya image. I LOVE the Doors, so I made Jim Morrison! Here he is:

I really love the way this turned out. I added some hair to Dress Me Ian, cut off his arms and his body below the waist, drew two arms then cut them out and glued them onto "Jim", filled in his lips just enough to get Jim's look, and drew in the necklace. I colored his hair with my Kohinoor colored pencils and his body with my grey copic marker. Since the original picture of Jim was black and white, I decided this card needed to be in black and white (and grey). The "doors" word was done with some punches and fancy cutting on my part. ;) I had a ton of fun with this challenge, but I didn't want to stop with The Lizard King, so I also made a Cher card! Here it is:

I used Dress Up Anya, masked off her underwear and stamped her. Then drew in the outfit and added the blingy belt. The line across her legs is actually the cord from her mic that I drew in her hand. I actually really like the song "If I Could Turn Back Time" and her outfit from the video was quite the phenomenom at the time so that's the one I chose to dress her in. Also, my favorite line from that song is perfect for a card! The outside says "If I could reach the stars..." and the inside says:

"...I'd give them all to you!!!" I used the yummy DP from SEI's Chocolat paper pack and some other papers that were scraps. The bling is actually selfstick rhinestones for a cell phone and I used my Stampin' Up! punches for the stars. What do you all think? Do you think I have a chance of winning the "Rockin' Rebel" contest? I actually have a few more cards in mind and Andrew made a special request for one rockstar, so you may be seeing more to come! If you want to see all the fabulous entries for the contest click
HERE and you'll go to the Gallery for all the entries. Some of the first entries are actually from the Design Team (thank goodness) and they are all awesome. I'm particularly fond of the David Bowie one that Traci (the Wicked Pixie) did! Ok, signing off for now. Next post should be tomorrow. I have a lot to tell you about from this past weekend!
Until next post, be blessed.
4 comments:
Very cool!
That Jim Morrison card is way too cool, and very creative!! And the Cher cards is of course, way cute!!!
That is so cool! You are so talented. Every time I go to the store and buy a card, I think of you and wish I could do the things you do!
What else can I say but adorable again, you always seem to amaze me!
Post a Comment