First, I want you all to take a gander over on my right sidebar and see how CLOSE we are to reaching our goal for SOA!!! Praise God! I know we'll meet our goal before the event even kicks off on Monday! And I was emailing back and forth to Jen (Jen Tapler, SOA founder) and she thinks we'll DOUBLE our goal, just like I said yesterday! I can't wait to see our final total! Please join us in this wonderful cause by clicking on the widget on the sidebar or by going
HERE to find out all about the event.
Well! Yesterday was quite the interesting day! We had a decent day, until the evening rolled in. As some of my Facebook friends know, we had a Major Hailstorm! It was CRAZY! I'd never seen something like it. It just rolled in, made a distasterous mess, and rolled on out. Here's a pic of Andrew holding a piece of hail:

That was not the biggest one we saw! And here are some pics of what the hail did:

Those are HOLES pelted right into the doors and roof of our shed. Here is a pic of the PVC drainage pipe for one of our airconditioning units:

There were several little pieces of the pipe on the ground. Here's a pic of the shutters of one of my neighbor's house:

You may need to click on the photo to see upclose, but those are holes in the shutters that the hail made! Here's a pic of the street, Via San Giacomo, that leads into our little neighborhood:

It looks like a tornado went through! And for your viewing pleasure, here's a video of the storm as it was happening! You'll see Ashton at the end of the video freaking out a little. He did NOT like the storm at all!
As you can see, it was quite the ordeal. Some of our neighbors have shattered windshields and dented cars. David was on base with our truck, so we had no damage to it at all. Luckily, everyone is fine and all the broken stuff is replaceable. Well, that's all the excitement for today. Hope you all have a grat Memorial Weekend!
Until next post, be blessed!
6 comments:
Awe was Ashton crying poor guy! Looks like it was some crazy stuff!.
Nicole
wow... what town do you live in? I am not even sure we had rain here in Sacile! Crazy!!!
That was crazy! But it was good to hear your voice...I know I'm a weirdo. Bella probably would've freaked out, too. Does that happens often in Italy? Take care!
wow ..we got a litlte hail over here in Azzano but not nearly as bad and it lasted all of like 2 mins.
Crazy isn't it.... We got the storm down here on Friday night but our Hail wasn't that big
I remember that storm, right before we left. Miss you guys, your neighbors, Sean and Jessica
Post a Comment