Thursday, June 4, 2009

Nuts About You!

Hey there friends! Just a quick post tonight since I'm pretty sleepy and I can't seem to catch up on my sleep so I'm going to make this short. I finally participated in a 2 Sketches 4 You challenge! I have been following 2 Sketches 4 You for awhile now, but I haven't actually participated in any of their challenges. They are currently having their 1st Annual Ultimate Card Showdown and I decided that it's about time I use their fabulous sketches to make some cards. Here is the card I made for this week's challenge: I was experimenting with my coloring and I actually like the way it turned out. I stamped the image of the acorn and adorable squirrels with Chocolate Chip classic ink from Stampin' Up and then colored with watercolor pencils and OMS. The ink didn't smear (surprise surprise!!!) and the blending/highlighting actually worked out! I am definitely going to be trying this some more and experiementing with more coloring techniques.
On another subject, I want to let you all know about a little miracle named Tyler. Tyler is the son of my friends, Krystal and Ben. Tyler was diagnosed with Retinoblastoma (cancer of the eye) last April, went through treatment (which included removal of his eye) and has been cancer free since May 1st, 2008. I wanted to let you all know about this brave little man (he's only 2! or is he 3 already? Krystal???) because his brave Momma has a Relay For Life page and is tryign t raise money to help find a cure for cancer. You can read about their story HERE and if you want, donate too!
I hope you all have a great Thursday, especially YOU JULIE! I love and miss you JULES and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I'll see you soon, in Germany!
Until next post, be blessed my friends and family and thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

Kristel said...

I love your squirrels! They are actually one of my signs from the Lord, along with sparrows, butterflies, hummingbirds and clouds. They each have a different meaning for me but squirrels represent persistence and overcoming all obstacles. Anyway, just wanted you to know that I love this card!

jules said...

thanks for saying happy birthday. Unfortunately we won't be in Germany. Oz's orders got denied the day before he was suppose to come home. He has to stay in Korea until they give him a new assignment. There is another guy thta happened to, he's been waiting for a new assignment for 6 months. hopefully we don't have to wait that long.
Missing you. Hope we meet up again someday.