Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mom's Workshop



Hello Blog Readers! Are you all enjoying your Thursdays? Sorry I didn't get this post up yesterday. The day started off a little busy, but then it just exploded with activity and I lost track of time. I finally sat down to blog in the evening, but I was so tired that I just couldn't come up with anything to type. So, here are a TON of pictures from the projects we made at my Mom's workshop this weekend. This first one was CASED from Fun_to_stamp over on SCS. My card is the blue one on the right. I showed the guests the card, and how to make it, and we got a TON of different cards! No two were alike! I thought that was pretty neat as everyone was new to stamping.We used the Holy Triptych stamp set as well as Snow Swirled for some of the sentiments, and my mom's spanish sentiment stamp set (I can't remember the name of it).We also used a white signo gel pen to highlight the images, and then put dazzling diamond dust glitter on then to make them shine and sparkle.The second card we did was this one:I made it pretty simple keeping in mind that the guests were "new" stampers, but they went with it and did all kinds of neat stuff! This first one is my Mom's. She actually didn't get to color it until after the party was over and all the guests left. She got busy with "hostess duties" and playing with some little ones who came with their mommies. We used Loads of Love and the accesories stamp sets for the cards. The guests all loved the many different occassions that they could use this stamp set for.We used the curly label punch for the sentiment, but some people used it as embellishment too. A lot of the guests used the blender pens and chalks to add decoration around their images too.
All in all, we had a great time. The guests ate ALL our cookies and friendship bread, and I think they all had fun. Also, my wonderful upline, Alisha, came over to help me out and I had here make some little gifts for the guests that brought a friend. Three of them brought a friend and they got to take home a little basket of toiletries. Here are the baskets that Alisha made:
Well, I hope you enjoyed the million pictures. If you stopped by again, THANK YOU! And, are you a follower of my blog? If not, click on the "follow this blog" button on my side bar. My three followers are getting lonely over there. LOL! I have a couple more posts planned including one that will show some more fall cards I made (with the leftover party supplies) and some wonderful RAKS I've received lately. So stop by again another day, ok?
Until next post, be blessed!









































































4 comments:

KeeponScrappin said...

Hiya Angie! Beautiful cards. I love the truck stamp. Looks like lots of fun to use.

jules said...

I love the cards! I need to get one of those gel pens...it makes the ink pop. I made some fall cards today:o) Fun times, fun times...heehee. Anyways, hope all is well. TTYL!

Shannon Wallace said...

Wow, Angie...great workshop! The Christmas cards are absolutely gorgeous! The other cards (forget the name of that set, but I know it comes w/ starter kit) are great! That particular set (Loads of Love?) is SO versatile and can be used over and over. I like that Happy Harvest card you made as well. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations!

Oma said...

It looks as though a good time was had by all. I'm sure all the ladies enjoyed making some cards and you may have tempted a few into doing some more cards.