Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

I love working at the Aviano AB Thrift Store! I have always loved finding hidden treasures that other people think are junk or trash, and working at the Thrift Store lets me find things like that all the time! One of my latest finds was this BRAND NEW hot pink Christmas Tree!!!The tree is shimmery and fun, and it the PERFECT little tree for my cupcake ornament collection! I love Cupcakes, and the fact that they are a trendy and popular thing right now is making me very happy! I had been looking for a fun little tree to hang my precious Cupcake ornaments on, and this one popped into the store one day and made me so happy. I only have 5 cupcake ornaments right now (had six, Angel baby broke one!) but I will be collecting more over time. I also need to find a totally awesome tree topper... maybe I'll end up making one. Also in this pic you'll see a tiny little cupcake wine bottle cork. That too is a Thrifty Find!
When I brought my pink tree home, I set up this little "cupcake corner" on top of my microwave. Along with the tree, ornaments and cork, I added my signed copy of Cake Pops by Bakerella that I got for Christmas from my wonderful Bro's, Nathan and Alex, the cakepop pins that came with the book, and my adorable Cupcake Wine Glass which was a Birthday Present from my amazing friend, Devon! My little "cupcake corner" made me smile every time I looked at it. It has been moved since this pic was taken. Now I have these all on top of my fridge along with some other decor. But that's for another post...
Until then, SMILE and leave me a comment :)

1 comment:

Jp Wolfe said...

Oh, the things that bring us joy. I, too, have a small, pink Christmas tree. Of course, I put all my Piglet ornaments on it. Thanks for sharing your joy.