Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I Won!!!

So, I told you all about the 12 Days of Christmas challenge over on Paper Craft Planet (PCP), remember? Every day they randomly choose one of the entrants to win that day's prize, and yesterday I won!!! I honestly didn't think I would win AT ALL; I was just making the cards for the challenges because it's a ton of FUN, but I actually won for the 11th day! WooHoo! I'll show you the card a little later on in the post. I haven't been able to participate every day, but here are some more of the cards I've made for the PCP challenges. This is for "6 Geese a Laying": The images on this card are so soft that it was difficult to get a good picture of it. I used the cuddling flamingos from Cuddles & Hugs. I stamped the image 3 times so that there would be 6 birds all together. This next card was for "7 Swans a Swimming":
I know, there are no swans or swimming or even birds on this card! LOL! Since we had done birds several times, the challenge was to make an elegant black/white Christmas card. I made this "fun-elegant" because I thought the zebra from Jumping for Joy was perfect for this challenge. I missed day 8 and 9 (although I have a GREAT idea for Day 9 and I still want to make the card for it soon!). Next up is the card for "10 Lords a Leaping":

The challenge was to make a card with a boy on it. I didn't have ANY stamps with a boy on it so I used this image from Whiff of Joy that I got in an image swap. I think it's called Santa Charlie. This company is in Europe, so I plan on adding the actual stamps to my collection after we move. Shipping will be a lot less! Since the day was actually 10 Lords a Leaping, I had an idea for the card that I wanted to achieve. Remember on the other post that I mentioned I did some major masking for a card? Well, here it is:
I REALLY wanted to make these froggies from Just so Hoppy into "lords" with the crown from Hip Hop Accessories. My original plan was to make a whole scene on a card with the frogs leaping out of a pond, but I couldn't get it all to fit on a card and still look nice. So they are just Leaping for the fun of it. And see how they are all masked? That was A LOT of masking to do! It was fun though!
And finally, here is the card for "11 Pipers Piping":
This is the card that allowed me to be the random winner of a $25 gift certificate to Embellish-it Scrapbooking! I can't wait to go shopping!!! I used the seal and horn from Jumping for Joy. The challenge was to put a musical instrument, or something having to do with music on a card. I originally though of doing ELEVEN seals with horns, but that would have been the most masking EVER, and it probably would have required a HUGE card! LOL! BUT... I am getting an idea for a board book for my Angel Baby...
WEll, I hope you all enjoyed checking out the rest of my entries the PCP's 12 Days of Christmas. I have one more card to make for today using 12 embellishments, so I'm going to go and get that one done! BTW, did yo notice that I used Melanie Muenchinger's animals on almost ALL of my cards? I promise that wasn't on purpose, but when you love an image or style you go with it, right? If you want to know details on any of the cards, you can check them out on my photo page on PCP. The link is on my sidebar over there----->
Thanks for stopping by today and until next post, be blessed!

5 comments:

Joy said...

WOW! great job on the 12 days of Christmas...funny thing...at my job we are doing 12 days of Christmas-Hawaiian style. seems this year that is the theme. well, that is a cool way to make cards. TFS!

Bonnie said...

Wonderful card for the 12 days of Christmas!! Congratulations and have fun shopping!!

Anonymous said...

I love to see the way you tie the cards into the challenages. Thanks for sharing your ideas and congrats on being the 11th day winner. Pick out something great!

Rina said...

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!! Congratulations, you big winner. Have fun spending the $25. The winning card is so adorable.

Momo Fali said...

Angie, I just have to tell you that I feel blessed every time I come here. You create such beautiful things (I should know, as my son has been walking around with the card you sent him for two weeks now)! It is so clear that you put your heart into everything you do, and I just have to say that I feel lucky to have found such a kind soul on this great, big internet. Thank you.