I'm at MY computer now so I can post these pics of this card! Woohoo! I participated in two challenges with this card. The first challenge was from
Secret Crafters Saturday to use 3 ribbons, and the second challenge was from
Twisted Thursday to use something clear (I used rhinestones), use the free digi image, and use their sketch. So here's the card:

I based the whole color scheme off the christmas papers I got from a BIG pack of papers I bought from Taylor of Taylored Expressions. I totally scored with the pack! But more about that on another post. I really wanted to have the main image matted, so I used a top note cut with my Big Shot! Here is how I did it: First I die cut the Top Note shape in Really Rust cardstock. Then I cut the middle out of it as you can see here:

Next I lined up the two end pieces to make sure they would line up nicely as you can see here:

Sorry it's so blurry. Finally, I placed my main image on the pieces to make sure it was right:

WaaLaa! I worked! I then gluedthe two pieces of the top note togeter, glued a piece of ribbon over the seam to hide it (and for a little extra decor), then I stuck the main image on with foam tape. Cool yeah?
That's it for this late-night post. Angel in cuddling in my lap trying to sleep but my typing is keeping her up so I need to get off this machine.
Until next post, be blessed!
7 comments:
Angie...How wonderful to have you playing all the way from Aviano...and we love the little fruitcake angel...love the bling on the corners...be sure and play again next week...lots of great prizes...Kristine (one of S2G)
This is fabulous. Love how you framed the image. Your coloring is awesome too.
I love what you did with the fruitcake angel. Super card and super design. TFS your top note technique!
Great card. Love your technique!
Ciao Angie, so excited to see that you have participated this week. I have been thinking a lot about you recently as I was planning out our family vacation to Tuscany. We will leave here next Friday and be towards your area for about a week. Wouldn't it be something to actually meet?? Let me know how far away you are from Venice. We are staying at a wonderful little Agritourismo in the town of Vinci, which is outside of Firenze towards Pisa.
Angie - You card is fabulous! I love how you pieced the top note together. Thanks for the tutorial on how to do that. You angel looks beautiful and don't you just love that sentiment! Thanks for playing with us for Twisted Thursday!
You managed these two challenges beautifully!! I love your color scheme, and how flippin' smart are you to make that red panel smaller. Genius!! Thanks so much for playing!!
Post a Comment