I was asked by my friend Carin for a template of the box. Well, I ended up doing a tutorial for her and thought I'd share it here for you all to see. In the center of the first picture you'll see the box that holds all these notecards. These notecards are 4.25x5.5 folded in half. That way I was able to get 4 cards out of one sheet of 8.5x11 inch paper. The five notecards you see fit inside snuggly, but 4 will fit very well depending on how much embellishment you add to the cards. Ok, so here's the tutorial. Please be kind since this is only the second time I've ever done something like this! First you need a piece of cardstock that is 6.25x 5.5.
Score the long side of the cardstock at 3 and 3.5 inches.

Score the short side of the cardstock at .5 and 5 inches. That give your half an inch on each side.

Next you need to cut the little squares made by the scores. Cut only to the half inch score line. Here is a picture to show you what I mean:

Next you should put strong adhesive on two of the long tabs and the two little square tabs. I used sticky strip as you can see here:

Now, since I don't like my tabs to show, this is the order that I put the sides together. First I had the tab with the sticky strip on the inside:

Next I stuck the little tab onto that tab as you can see here:

Finally I closed that side by sticking the last tab to the other two as you can see here:

I did the same thing on the other side of the box and that way the little tabs don't show at all. Next we have to make the box lid! First you need a piece of cardstock that is 5.5x1.5 inches.

This one must be scored just right so that it fits over the bottom of your box without being too snug or loose. First you score one side at 7/16.

Then turn the paper 90 degrees and score at 7/16. Do this for all four sides.

Next you'll want to cut these four lines as I've shown you here:

And put sticky strip on the little tabs like this (pretend the x's are tape;):

And finally you'll want to tape them inside the lid like this:

That way the tabs won't show on the outside of the lid. After that, you're done! All that's left is to embellish your box and lid, oh, and make some notecards to put inside! I hope that made sense and if you try out the tutorial, please let me know, I'd love to see it!!!
Score the short side of the cardstock at .5 and 5 inches. That give your half an inch on each side.
Next you need to cut the little squares made by the scores. Cut only to the half inch score line. Here is a picture to show you what I mean:
Next you should put strong adhesive on two of the long tabs and the two little square tabs. I used sticky strip as you can see here:
Now, since I don't like my tabs to show, this is the order that I put the sides together. First I had the tab with the sticky strip on the inside:
Next I stuck the little tab onto that tab as you can see here:
Finally I closed that side by sticking the last tab to the other two as you can see here:
I did the same thing on the other side of the box and that way the little tabs don't show at all. Next we have to make the box lid! First you need a piece of cardstock that is 5.5x1.5 inches.
This one must be scored just right so that it fits over the bottom of your box without being too snug or loose. First you score one side at 7/16.
Then turn the paper 90 degrees and score at 7/16. Do this for all four sides.
Next you'll want to cut these four lines as I've shown you here:
And put sticky strip on the little tabs like this (pretend the x's are tape;):
And finally you'll want to tape them inside the lid like this:
That way the tabs won't show on the outside of the lid. After that, you're done! All that's left is to embellish your box and lid, oh, and make some notecards to put inside! I hope that made sense and if you try out the tutorial, please let me know, I'd love to see it!!!
I hope you all have a Mojo-filled Day and until next post, be blessed.
3 comments:
Thank you Angie you are so efficient! As soon as I get home I will give this a whirl!!!
I think your tutorial is very nice!
congrats on your tutorial! you did a great job explaining it! I know I can follow this one! great job on all those cards...I will have to try it out...love that you can make 4 with an 8 1/2 x 11" CS! TFS! have a great day!
Post a Comment