Saturday, February 2, 2008

My limit must be 3

First off, I'm sorry. For many things, but in this post I'm sorry for the horrible pictures. Mom just got a new camera that I don't know how to use yet, there is no sun out, and the pictures look bad. Maybe I'll retake the photos tomorrow when the sun is up. ANYWAY... I made three cards today. To know why my limit must be 3, you'll have to keep reading (or skip down to the end-I won't hold it against you;p). Verve Visual is this stamp company with beautiful products! I don't own any... yet... and they are going to have more soon! They put out a sketch yesterday that I decided to try. I'm glad I did. I have a new favorite!
This is my new favorite card. I used Fiskars baby blue and beige paper, and the background paper is Basic Gray. When I cut out the background, only 2 edges were distressed, so I had to distress the other 2 sides with my sponge dauber and close to cocoa ink. The image stamp is MSE! Romantic Sentiments, the ribbon is American Crafts and the brad is from Making Memories. I love this card and will probably keep it. Or maybe send it to someone extra special, we'll see. This was actually the 2nd card I made. The first one was a little tougher to get through. I just couldn't make it mesh for some reason, but I like the final outcome.
I used SU! River Rock and Groovy Guava DP cardstock as well as Fiskar's beige. The stamp is MSE! Romantic Sentiments and the brads are Making Memories. Boy was I happy when this card was done! Whew! Next I decided to give the Verve sketch a bread and tackled Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge. I wanted to stick with a Valentines theme but not too Valentine-y. So I added in the black and I hope it's not too Valentine-y. This card came together in a snap. It's extra long (8 inches) but will fit into a legal sized envelope just fine. I used Fiskar's red cardstock, Colorbok black and pink textured cardstock and SU! whisper white. The stamp is SU! Both Way Blossoms, ribbon is American Crafts, and the brads are Making Memories. I also used my white gel pen to put a trail under the heart brads and on the little tag I made. Isn't it cute? I just used my SU! tag punch then took a 1/4 inch off all 6 sides of the tag. Came out the perfect size!

And finally...

if you've been good and haven't peeked...

THIS is why 3 cards is my limit! ------>
Angel Baby HAS to be involved in my "creative process"! LOL! See her there? In my lap? She was just NOT happy laying in bed during her nap, knowing that I was stamping! She's so silly! Really though, she felt kinda yucky considering today was her 4 month well baby check up and all us Mom's know what that means, SHOTS! And 4 (FOUR!) into her teeny little chubby legs. Poor thing. She's been uncomfortable and achy all day. Oh, and Yes, I stamp on the floor! I'm using the leaf (Laugh, it's ok, it's funny) from my Mom's dining room table. I live with My wonderful Mom and StepDad and Grandma, AND me and my 3 (THREE!) kids. So, yeah. Crowded and NO extra room for me to have my own stamp space. So, I stamp on the floor of my bedroom that I share with my baby. In case you're wondering, my boys share a room, Mom and SD share a room (of course) and Grandma (we call her Abuelita) has her own room (and bathroom too! spoiled!). We aren't too crowded really, just nice and cozy. OK! So that's enough blogging for one post. Have A Wonderful Weekend!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your little one is so adorable. Charish this time, before you know it she'll be fifteen and in high school. Where has the time gone.

Well the main reason for commenting here is.....


You are one of my Original ideas commenters over at my blog. You didn't win the blog candy, but I selected two comments that I found very interesting and original and you are one of them. Thank you so much for the great idea.

Check over at my blog to see what you've won and to contact me with her snail mail addy so I can get it out to you. Again thanks for playing along with us. Happy Stamping!!
Deb
Turtle Chronicles

Anonymous said...

Angie, I love the shot of you stamping with your baby girl on your lap. How sweet is that?

Your cards look wonderful! I LOVE the one you did with my sketch. The colors, the gorgeous rose...it's perfect! Thanks so much for trying out the sketch.

Hugs and smiles

Kelly said...

Angie; Awe... this is so sweet. I hated taking my babies to the doctor to get their shots! It killed me to hear their cries afterwards. You must really be enjoying your little angel. They grow up so fast. Mine are already almost 11 and 13!
Thanks for sharing!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous cards. I love the colors in the blue one.

jules said...

There's the Angie I know and love, multitasking!!! I miss hanging out with you and stampin' together. Hope to see you this summer!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing while hubby is away helping us all look at what you do!
Blessings and Peace to Mary. My fil has been given 5 days... it's very hard right now and looking at your beautiful baby on your lap reminds me we are all born naked and screaming and we often pass that way..........My youngest just tunred 5 on the first & I bought her a 4 candle Sweet niblets! Take care & enjoy your leaf. :}
ps I love to stamp standing up or onthe floor.

Shannon Wallace said...

Ahhh, so that's how you get your stamping done...being quite the multi-tasker! I need a lesson or 2on multi-tasking!

God bless your little heart for being so creative and darn good at it--in such a crowded situation. Most people would throw in the towel and give up, but you persevere and don't give up! Good for you!