Friday, February 8, 2008

Warning... this may be a long post (edited)

See? I said I'd post my word of the year scrapbook page! It's a work in progress right now. I think I'm going to add to it as more "patience" ideas pop into my life. Right now it has a lot of scriptures on it and some of my own thoughts about being patient. The page is on a 12x12 piece of Basic Gray cardstock, some matching alpha's from the same Basic Gray kit and there is a matching tag used too. I used American crafts Thickers the the big black word (LOVE thickers!) as well as AC ribbon on the tag. The green alpha stickers are from my "mystery stash" (don't know where I got it!) and I used a couple pens from Wal-Mart.
In other news...
It's been a busy week so far, thank goodness there's only one day left! My grandparents are in town and it has been so nice to spend time with them. We went to a luau on Monday night and they accidently got suckered into going onstage! They've been married 55 years, and since that was the longest out of everyone at the luau, they got picked on! They danced together onstage... the first time dancing together in Many Many Years! It was great. Aren't they adorable? The look on Grandpa's face is priceless! Grandma got a much better picture of them dancing on her camera, but since it's not in my computer I can't post it, sorry.
Well, I've been wanting to post this since last Friday... JULIE ROCKS! I love you Jules! Friday I got 2 (Two!) cards in the mail from my awesome friend Julie! Then, on Monday... I got another one! Aren't they great? The perfect thing to get on a gray day. THANKS JULIE!
Now I have to ramble a little... feel free to scroll down to the other pics if you want. I won't blame you! So, in the midst of writing this blog post, I was also chatting online. (Yes, I'm a MAJOR multitasker-to a fault!) I realized that while I pray for people near and dear to me, and a few people I've met online, I don't really pray for people I don't care for. I know, I know, but really! I have been SO blessed with friends and family who take care of me, love me, pray for me, and are actively in my life. Not everyone has what I have. Some people don't have a safety net of people around them to help them out when they need the help. There are people out there who don't know God and REALLY need him. If I can't actually introduce them to Him, I can at least pray. I talk to my Mom about people who are in bad situations (such as some horrible things that have happened here on the island concerning domestic abuse) and we are grateful to God that we aren't in those situations. But do we pray for those people? I don't. I am going to try to start doing that. I am going to pray for someone that I don't necessarily like, or know very well. If I know that person needs God, I'm going to pray that their needs be met. I was majorly convicted about this just 10 minutes ago, so that's what I'm going to do. OK, back to the other stuff now...
I've done a few cards this week, but I haven't been completely happy with all of them. I think I lost my "mojo" a little. I know it will return, so I'm going to keep on going! It's now HOURS after I started this post, so enjoy the pics and I'll edit later with the cards recipes! Goodnight. EDITED>>>
"I Just Love you" card recipe: SU! very vanilla cardstock, groovy guava DP, close to cocoa ink, double line doodles stamp set and American crafts ribbon. This one is for Mojo Monday sketch challenge MOJO23. I didn't like it as I was making it, then once it was all together, I liked it! Funny how that happens sometimes.
"Proverbs 17:17" card recipe: paperbilities brown cardstock, SU! very vanilla cardstock, red carstock from my "mystery pile"; Staz-on Jet Black ink; MSE! Friendship sentiments stamps. This one is for sketch challenge SFYTT on SCS.
"Palm tree thank you" card recipe: SU! Whisper white cardstock; mint green paper from my "mystery pile"; Staz-on Jet Back ink, SU! creamy caramel, close to cocoa, glorious green ink used with my blender pens, versamark for background with...; SU! Do the Hula stamp set as well as SU! Warmest Regards; AMerican crafts ribbon.
"Love Kanji" card recipe: SU! whisper white cardstock and red cardstock from my "mystery pile"; SU! real red ink; Love Kanji from All Night Media; ribbon is American Crafts. (This card needs something, doesn't it? Maybe something stamped on the background or some brads...hm.)
"Pacifier Congratulations" and "Cupcake Birthday" card recipe: Paperbilities pastel purple paper (say that five times fast! LOL) , SU! very vanilla, mint green paper from my "mystery Pile"; Stazon Jet Black and Violet, SU! watercolor pencils and blender pen; SU! warmest Regards and Little Layers Stamp sets. (These were simple and quick, not sure how I like them though...)
I Don't like this next one... "Puzzle" card recipe: SU! apricot appeal and ballet blue cardstock, red cardstock from my "mystery pile"; SU! Ballet blue ink, Staz-on Jet Black ink; American Crafts Ribbon... I started this one off to incorporate the SCS Color Challenge CC152 and the sketch challenge CPS50. After doing a different background and hating the way it looked, I went back a couple steps and did this background instead. It came out better, but still not something I like. Oh well, learn from mistakes, right?

3 comments:

jules said...

I like your new work! I love the Patience page!!!

Sharon in NE said...

Great cards! My favorite would be...um....I think the "Palm tree thank you" because I love the palm leaves background and simple bow. Or maybe the "Love Kanji", because of the color and the beautiful ribbon. "Patience" is wonderful too. Guess I don't have a favorite; they're all nice. :D

Carolyn King said...

I am jealous you are in Hawaii!!!
Love your scrapbook page and the word for the year. I think that should be mine too--with three kids...heaven knows i need that! lol!
I love the cards---very pretty...my favorite is the palm tree one...very fitting for hawaii!!!